Advert

My Geek Box logo

Friday 24 August 2012

Bank holiday weekend plans

Woohoo the bank holiday weekend has started!

Hopefully the weather is nice tomorrow as I'm taking Grace down Southsea common for the Portsmouth International Kite Festival

Its one of the Premier kite festivals in the U.K. and runs from Saturday 25th until Monday 27th August. check out their website to see some of the photos of the huge kites they have flying, some of them are really good.  I took grace a couple of years back when she was 2, so hopefully this time she will enjoy it more but it will also cost me more as no doubt she will want a kite like everyone else. i will post my photos up from the show some time over the weekend.

Sunday we are going to a place called INTECH science centre and planetarium near Winchester, hampshire. Its a hands on interactive science and technology centre, it features around 100 interactive exhibits, which demonstrates technology from the world around us. I've heard good things about this place and I think Grace will love it, at least this time she can touch things without being told off!

Bank holiday Monday I will be taking Grace back home to her mum then depending on my funds I may be making my way over to Gosport to my good friends Deana and Chris (Colin as he's know to the Air Cooled Monkeys crew) in their pub The Junction Tavern for their real ale and cider festival. Its a cracking little friendly pub and well worth a visit if your in the area, especially if you like your real ales as they usually have 3 ales on tap which change regularly.
You can check here to see what ales they have on at the moment.